Although it often seems that the epidemic of the COVID-19 virus is behind us, formally the epidemic is still going on. Additionally, many regulations that were adopted after the beginning of the epidemic are still in force. One of them is the Rulebook on Preventive Measures for Safe and Healthy Work to Prevent the Occurrence and Spread of Epidemic of Infectious Diseases.
This Rulebook in detail defines the obligations of the employers and employees, in order to prevent the further spread of the epidemic.
Each employer is obliged:
1) To provide written instructions and instructions on measures and procedures for the prevention of the outbreak of infectious disease, which contain information on the symptoms of an infectious disease;
2) To redistribute working hours by introducing the second or third shift with a smaller number of employees if shift work is not implemented;;
3) To conducts enhanced hygiene and disinfection of workspace and auxiliary rooms, which includes regular disinfection of rooms and frequent ventilation of the workspace;
4) To provide employees with sufficient amounts of soap, towels, running water, and, alcohol-based hand sanitizers;
5) To ensure regular cleaning of all surfaces that are frequently touched in the workplace, especially rooms and equipment such as toilets, door handles, fixed telephones, computer equipment, and other work equipment;
6) To regulate the manner of keeping records on disinfection of working and auxiliary premises, which it organizes and implements;
7) To ensure the development of instructions for safe and healthy work with contractors, suppliers, distributors, and external associates;
8) To organize and ensure regular removal of waste and garbage (garbage cans lined with plastic bags) from the premises so that they can be emptied without contact with the contents.