- LL.M University of Novi Sad: Master of Law
- LL.B University of Novi Sad: Graduated Lawyer
Awards and Scholarships
- 2023 Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leader in the field of Data Privacy & Protection, “Data:2023” Guide
- 2023 Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader in the field of Employment Law, “Labour, Employment and Benefits :2023” Guide
- 2023 Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader in the field of Data Privacy & Protection, “Data:2023” Guide
- 2022 Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader in the field of Data Privacy & Protection, “Data:2022” Guide
- 2011 – 2016 Scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development
- 2019 Attorney at Law at Joint Zunic Law Firm Novi Sad
- 2019 Admitted to the Bar Association of Vojvodina
- 2016 – 2017 Judicial intern at High court in Novi Sad
- 2015 – 2016 Judicial intern at Basic court in Novi Sad
Jelena Đukanović is an Attorney at Law at Joint Zunic Law Firm Novi Sad. Jelena is a member of the Bar Association of Vojvodina and joined the team in 2019.
Within the Data Protection Law, Jelena worked on numerous projects, which included the preparation of data privacy agreements and documents, conducting data protection and GDPR awareness training and compliance projects for national and international clients from multiple sectors – from information technology, finance, fitness to public safety, cybersecurity, and e-commerce. Jelena has been recognized for her expertise in the field of data privacy & protection by a globally renowned legal ranking organization Who’s Who Legal, which awarded her with recognition as a Global Leader in the field of data privacy & protection in their “Data: 2022″ and “Data: 2023” guides. In addition, Who’s Who Legal recognized Jelena as a Thought Leader in the field of data privacy & protection in their “Thought Leaders: Data 2023” guide.
In the field of Labor & Employment Law, she has advised and represented many national and international companies, especially in the IT sector, providing legal support in drafting complex employment documents and representation in workplace-related disputes. Jelena has been recognized for her expertise in the field of Employment Law and awarded a prestigious Global Leader recognition by Who’s Who Legal in their “Labour, Employment and Benefits: 2023” guide.
Together with her colleagues from the Commercial Law department, she has successfully completed work on numerous projects, which included comprehensive legal advising, drafting different types of contracts, and preparation of terms and conditions for clients’ websites mostly in the e-commerce industry.
Jelena is also continuously working on numerous, complex litigation proceedings, where she represents both national and international companies managing all phases of the litigation from the pre-trial preparations to trial, settlement, and appeal processes.
After she obtained her Bachelor’s Degree at the University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Law among the top 1% of the class, she enrolled to master studies at the University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Law. She completed her LL.M. studies with the master’s thesis entitled “Determining the Amount of the Annuity as a Form of Compensation for Pecuniary Damage” and was awarded the highest grade.
During her undergraduate and master’s studies, she was a scholar at the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technological Development.
As a judicial intern at the Basic court in Novi Sad, she participated in legal trainee workshops and simulation of trials in Civil Law – litigation procedure, which were carried out with the support of the project “Improving the efficiency of the judiciary in the Republic of Serbia”, funded by the European Union.
Jelena speaks Serbian (native) and is fully fluent in English.