Attorney at Law | Partner
- LL.M University College London: Master of Intellectual Property Law
- LL.M University of Novi Sad: Master of International Law
- LL.B University of Novi Sad: Graduated Lawyer
Awards and Scholarships:
- 2023 Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader in the field of Information Technology, “Data:2023” Guide
- 2015 Chevening Scholar (scholarship provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom)
- 2007 and 2008 Scholar of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development
- 2021 Admitted to the Bar Association of Belgrade
- 2015 Founder of IT start-up iQdemic
- 2013 Admitted to the Bar Association of Serbia and to the Bar Association of Vojvodina
Nemanja Žunić is an Attorney at Law and a Partner at Zunic Law Firm Belgrade. He is a member of the Bar Association of Belgrade.
Nemanja has developed niche expertise within the IT sector, advising a variety of technology enterprises from start-ups to established IT companies. Within this area, he advises clients on complex legal issues regarding patent protection for software, outsourcing, and software development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, software licensing agreements, IT independent contractor agreements, technology joint-venture, and spin-off agreements. He has vast experience regarding commercial and tax-related legal issues regarding cryptocurrency transactions, ICO comprehensive legal support, etc.
Nemanja has been recognized for his expertise in the field of Information Technology law by Who’s Who Legal, one of the most prestigious worldwide legal ranking organizations, which awarded Nemanja as a Global Leader in its global “Data: 2023” guide.
In addition, Nemanja provides legal solutions around IT & IP-related cross-jurisdiction tax issues.
He completed both Bachelor’s and Master’s Law degrees at the University of Novi Sad, where he was ranked top 1% of his class and was awarded numerous awards and scholarships. His master’s thesis in Serbia was on the topic of “Legal Protection of Software”, after which he established an interest in IT law, and continued his legal education at University College London (UCL), as a scholar of the Government of the United Kingdom (Chevening Scholar). Whilst at UCL he obtained an LL.M. degree in Intellectual Property Law, specializing in the field of patent protection of software, under the supervision of the distinguished Rt Hon. Professor Sir Robin Jacob.
During his studies, Nemanja represented his university team at prestigious moot-court law competitions, both on national and international levels. In particular, he competed in Foreign Direct Investment International Arbitration Moot (King’s College, London), Telders International Law Moot Court Competition (Peace Palace, Hague), and Moot Court National Competition in International Humanitarian Law (Red Cross, Belgrade).
Nemanja writes extensively on the topics of Intellectual Property and IT Law.
He speaks Serbian (native) and is fluent in English.